Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Friends.. :)

Hey.. This one is for all my SINGLE friends(apologies inplicit.. :D)

“Sometimes u get so close 2 ur friends tht u get jealous if any1 else starts getting 2 come 2 close..”

This general remark made me think if its really a generic thought or totally personalized. Being possessive about the SPECIAL person in ur life is a worldwide accepted phenomenon bt havnt v just crossed the line by reacting in the same way for our friends? Is it tht v get 2 possessive abt them n get jealous of the 3rd person entering their life? Do we start thinking tht the new relationship might get between us n bring a rift in the strong bond of friendship??
If I talk abt myself, I m flexible n non possessive (Hey hey.. Don’t start smiling..OK.. This is my blog n I m writin so I win… :D).. So technically I would love 2 c my NON COMITTED friends getting romantically along with any OTHER girl/guy.. J But facts depict otherwise.. As soon as I get 2 know abt any girl/guy being remotely connected wit any 1 of my friends, my mind automatically starts sending distress signals and it starts finding faults in the female/male(no offense girlies/guys)..
Lets start collecting data (excuse the MBA jargons) from the latest first.. The tarras r a well knit GANG of girls n guys.. Surprisingly, the existing GOOD FRIENDS are no threat.. :P.. they r well respected and loved equally by every1 in the gang.. However, any new entries have a real tough time..Truthfully speakin,so tough that there have been no additions in the gang since its inception.. L.. as soon as v get hints of any TARRAs interest in any girl around, we UNINTENTIONALLY start finding faults in them.. n trust me ts nothing personal or deliberate.. Just an involuntary action.. L..The ANALYSIS at times is in the form of observed behaviour which can crudely be termed as FAULT FINDING...N sometimes the faults r as stupid as the colour of her hair is too dark or too light. N even tht she moves her head 2 much while talking....Yeah yeah I accept tht most of the times they r just senseless comments made generally n nothing personal at all. J..N trust me, at least I didn’t c the harm its causing 2 my friends till sometym ago..
Looking at the history, I dnt think my girls gang 4m coll has had any problems accepting this fact. V have never really liked each other GOOD FRIENDS..:P.. n I thought tht best friends were ur CRY CUSHION after an argument or fight so u didn’t mind them having an OPINION abt them.. J.. n so if they took ur side n gave u the age old “he is a jerk” line, it just meant tht they r being supportive.. J. Hence while the same friends would appreciate the SPECIAL person if he was being nice n made u happy, the loyalties would just take a 180 degrees turn if u shed a tear.. J..
Guess it’s a universal phenomenon tht once ur friends get 2 know abt ur crush, even their eyes tease u wen he/she walks into the room or talks 2 u.. J.. How many times have v tried 2 hide r crushes 4m r friends coz they would make sure he/she noticed u, even though u would be blushing red on even lookin at them.. JBut thts wat makes friends gr8.. v know each other inside out n so tend think we r in a position 2 decide wats gud n wats bad 4 them.. :). But in doing so, we might just loose prospective n behave like dominating mothers/fathers who get a little jerky. Guess v don’t want them 2 stumble on a stone so v scare them tht it’s a mountain they r heading. V love them soo much tht nobody is too gud 4 them anymore.. J.. the tests (unintentionally) get tougher and hence every move matters.. but trust me, if u tell ur friend tht u r head over heels for some1, they ll b the first ones 2 give u all the tips n tricks.. J.. n even though we might seem 2 b overly possessive about r friends, it’s the love that wants us 2 look out 4 them and make sure tht HE/ SHE IS THE RIGHT ONE.. :D

2 comments:

  1. no need to apologize, u r d sweetest !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome awesome... u dont need to giv an explanation for being awesome...U r 1 of the rare non-dumb girls....sometimes a boon, other times a BANE rather a Pain.... :P

    ReplyDelete